Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Ex Delicto, Teaser Chapter 27

Dad started speaking first. “We've discovered the identity of the mole,” he announced without preamble.

My eyebrows shot up. “That's great news.” My eyes flicked to Emmett, whose presence hulked despite being seated, and I noted the hard expression on his face.

Dad continued, “We have a prepaid cell phone that he was using to communicate with DeLuca and Newton. I was standing there with him when it rang in his hand. I recognized Aro’s attorney's phone number, despite him trying to hide the phone. Needless to say, he was shocked when I wound up arresting him.”

I dropped my gaze to the table, trying to put a name to my feelings. “I was so careful not to say anything in front of any of the men on my detail.”

“He confessed to bugging your apartment,” Emmett said. My face heated at what that meant he'd heard. 



No comments:

Post a Comment