Friday, October 27, 2017

Right Where I Want to Be Chapter 38

I regret the words as soon as they’re out of my mouth. “You know what? Never mind. The last thing we need is to confuse whatever this is with sex, the way we’ve been doing.”

Edward presses his forehead to mine, and it takes all I have not to just jump on him and do the naughty things that are crowded for space in my brain. We need to take things slowly, be normal and go on a date.

Don't we?

“I want to, Bella, believe me. Just say the word, and I’ll take you home. I’ll even pinky swear to keep my hands to myself if that's what you need.”

I laugh at what sounds like desperation in his voice. “What we’ve been doing has only screwed everything up. I don't want to be screwed up anymore.”

“I don't want to screw this up anymore, either. You’re too important for that, Bella.”

His words squeeze my heart. I rest my head on his chest again and sigh. “Come home with me?” I ask again.

“I would love that,” he replies warmly. My insides twist and turn at his agreement. Can we sleep together in my bed and not do anything sexual? It'll be his first time at my place, too. We always wound up at his penthouse in the past.

“Does that mean we can have a real conversation tomorrow?” I ask timidly.

I notice that he stays relaxed under my touch. I was worried I would piss him off or push him away again, but it’s really necessary that we talk about us, and his past. “I think that’s a great idea. But tonight, you need sleep.” He takes my hands in his again. “And some pain killers,” he adds as he strokes around the broken skin.

I nod and hold him closer to me, breathing him in.


 

2 comments:

  1. Good for Bella.... They really need to talk before anything else.

    ReplyDelete